Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Think I'm Gonna Like it Here

Last night I went to Huck and Candace's house for carrot cake. And it was amazingly delicious! Huck made it from scratch! We sat talking about our current endeavors, Annie and Cemetery Club. After Huck was finished watching the most recent Annie movie we watched the end of "The Fantastics", the 1995 movie version and I don't know how I feel about it yet. I need to watch it from the beginning or maybe just listen to the music.

While converting "A Chorus Line", I discovered playbill from the Original Broadway performances. What a find! I was excited to flip through the pages and see how advertising has changed. The entire back page was a cigarette ad! How amazing. I haven't had time to sit and read the bios and material in the playbill yet but look forward to finding time. Perhaps while I listen to the album...

Spending time with the family this evening. Dinner is almost done. So happy to be able to just sit back and relax and not have to rush around doing things. Although, sister's birthday is coming up and no plans have been made... I feel a very last minute party coming my way.

May I suggest that you all go and listen to "Merrily We Roll Along". I love the song Franklin Shepherd, Inc. great use of word play and orchestrations. I came across it again the other day as I was cleaning my bedroom. I work my way alphabetically through my ipod. I started with "Mermaid" and ended with "Merrily" last night. Cleaning and driving are the only times that I really get to listen to my music and I was pleased with my choices. The best news is that I moved another bookshelf into my room and was able to unpack more boxes that have been stacked in my room for a year; books and records were reunited with their cousins on the shelf and even better than that was that now I can use my piano! I have been playing and singing up a storm... watch out, I am getting ready for big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment