Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fever

I am not feeling that great today. My nose has been stuffy for about a week now and today I have serious sore throat issues. So...I cancelled Annie rehearsals for today. I don't believe in getting others sick.

On a happier note, I started (or should say restarted) converting all of my LPs to digital format last night! The first on my stack to convert was "A Little Night Music" the fantastic waltz musical written by Sondheim based on the Ingmar Bergman film Smiles of a Summer Night. The current revival starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Lansbury won't have a cast recording until later in February; until then this recording will have to suffice. One of my favorite songs in the show is "The Miller's Son", sung by Petra the maid, which offers a look at romance in terms not so far from the truth. I would suggest readers to check out Sara Ramirez performing the song on youtube.

More later on "A Little Night Music" but for now I should eat breakfast, get dressed and go pick up my book shelf from my sister's house. It is one of the final steps to completing my bedroom; for at the moment, I have boxes of books and records stacked in my room completely inaccessible for my reading or listening pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment