Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Watch Out Divas, there is a new Queen in Town

I promised I would post a few videos from Magic Flute and have taken so long to post them!  I am truly sorry.  Here is a video of our amazing "Queen of the Night", Katharine Holloway, who will undoubtedly be making a name for herself.  Wow.  And she wants to be a teacher!  We need more people like her in our classrooms!
No, not THAT aria.  This is No. 4 Recitative and Aria, Queen of the Night, The Magic Flute.  This is the Queen's first appearance in the opera when she charges Tamino and Papageno with saving her daughter from the fiendish Sarastro.

     

Ignore the mistakes, this was a rehearsal!  AMAZING... can't get enough.  Really wish that I could have gotten THAT aria to share with you.  We are rehearsing on Saturday so I will post one on Monday when I get home.

The entire cast is phenom! Did you read that?  The ENTIRE CAST!  What?!?!  So get out there and watch it! 

FPU Vocal Performance Workshop presents
Mozart's "The Magic Flute"
February 26 and 27
7:30 PM
559-453-2267

No comments:

Post a Comment