Sunday, September 5, 2010

Shhhh...it's dark in here.

I am sitting in my living room in near darkness.  I went upstairs for a small nap after rehearsal and when I came downstairs my roommate had decided to nap on the sofa...he seems to be thoroughly enjoying his nap and I don't want to disturb him so I have left the lights off and just turned the dimmer on very low.

This morning was Jr Company rehearsal...and I was tired.  I enjoy being in the company but I know that doing both Jrs and Birdie each night is going to be rough, especially if I ever go on for Albert!  I am not a dancer and Jr Company is 12 minutes of singing and dancing.  Doesn't sound too hard until you have to do it.  Right now what is kicking my butt are the rehearsals.  We start at 9 and work until lunch break at 12 then back at 1 to 3.  Luckily, I am not in all of the numbers so I get some backstage time which translates to break time during rehearsals.  I am a "moves well" actor and sometimes feel very intimidated by the youngsters in the Jr company...they can really dance!  Then I sit back and enjoy the fact that I don't have to do the crazy tap number that the choreographer has in the show.

I can't believe that Birdie opens in less than 2 weeks.  Our theater does a 24 hour turnaround; next Sunday after the matinee of Dreamgirls we will strike that set and move in the Birdie set.  Monday will be our first day of tech rehearsals and then we open that Thursday.  I still feel that there is so much more work to do.  Between Jrs and Birdie I don't know if I am going to be ready...

I started this post 8 hours ago...didn't really take it where I wanted but it went...

No comments:

Post a Comment