Monday, November 15, 2010

Everything's Coming Up Roses...or is it?

Today's blog comes from my hometown...I sit in our local Starbucks listening to the L.A.M.C. (Ladies After Mass Club) discuss their various home hunting problems, both past and present.  And by listening, I mean that I am sitting here with my coffee eaves dropping.  I can't help it, they speak loudly.  I drove into town last night to get work done this morning before I head back for rehearsal tonight.

Birdie closed yesterday.  I never went on for the lead but it was great fun doing the show and making new friends...can't believe that 9 weeks went so quickly.  With the closing of Birdie, I ended my first and last show as a member of the Jr. Company, it was such a great experience.  This is a company of talented young performers ranging from age 6 to 16, each with burgeoning talents and a dedication to them!  I learned so much about myself as a performer.  I was constantly in awe, and equally mortified, by exactly how talented they are...some of these kids can dance circles around me!  However, I take solace in the fact that I can sing circles around them...for now.

Update: L.A.M.C. is now discussing Wealthy Widowers.  "Is there a website? wwww.wealthywidowers.com" Note: [I am not kidding about the extra "w"] 

I got to vocal coach the Jr. Company pre-show that will open on Thursday.  Which means I will be in Tech rehearsals this week.  We have so many new members of the company that the work ethic isn't exactly what we are used to...they rehearse for six Saturdays and then open after three days of Tech rehearsals.  The amount of material they learn is mind boggling.  They learn ten to twelve songs with harmony parts and choreography!  Which makes this program an excellent training for the main stage company.

I also have two other events this week...a benefit concert at imaginarium and my sister's baby shower.  Technically the benefit concert is an event rental so I just have to be in the building and run our lighting system.  The baby shower, which is also at imaginarium, is more hands on for me since mother is hosting.

In the next couple of weeks I will begin packing for my move back to my parent's house...not thrilled about that prospect.  Hopefully something will pan out and I find a job.

Note: I really do plan on keeping up with the blog.  I just find myself super busy crazy all the time...or have nothing pertinent to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment